The Leicester Riders are looking to offer Strength and Conditioning Internships for the upcoming basketball season working with the professional team and academy programmes.
Leicester Riders Basketball Programme has a long-established Academy programme that aims to prepare young talent for playing at the university and collegiate level and is one of the largest academy programmes in the UK.
Title: Strength and Conditioning (S&C) Intern
Responsible to: Head of S&C/Sport Science and Lead S&C Coach
Role: Assist in the delivery of S&C/Sport Science support to the Charnwood College England Development Academy Programme (Ages 16-19).
Hours of work: 12-18 hours/week
Remittance: £1000 CPD budget provided by the Kris Ledgard Foundation and a Leicester Riders kit pack
Start Date: w/c 23rd September 2019
- Assist the Lead S&C coach in the delivery of gym-based and on-court S&C to the EDP academy.
- Work within and around the guidelines set by Basketball England in conjunction with the EDP regulations and audit.
- Carry out and provide daily load monitoring and training recommendations for the EDP academy.
- Work within an interdisciplinary Sports Science and Medicine (SSM) team to support EDP academy player development and education.
- Opportunity to lead S&C provision to the Riders foundation (Ages 16 and below).
- Engage in weekly CPD tasks/activities and provide bimonthly reports/reflections to attain the UKSCA accreditation.
- Sport Science/S&C undergraduate degree (A)
- Experience working within an interdisciplinary team (A/I)
- Minimum of 1-year experience delivering/assisting S&C support to large groups and individuals (A)
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of various ages and backgrounds (A/I)
- Reliable and hard-working individual with the ability to be responsible for multiple tasks at a time and perform at a high level (A/I)
- Possess/completing postgraduate degree in Sports Science/S&C (A)
- Knowledge and understanding of general sport science, nutrition and psychology to aid the support service (A/I)
- Previous experience playing/working within basketball (A/I)
Will be assessed via the application (A) and/or interview (I) process.
To apply please forward your CV and accompanying Covering Letter to
Head of S&C/Sport Science: Arran Parmar – firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead S&C Coach: Edward Hanson – email@example.com