The Leicester Riders continue to deliver an exciting project which will see basketball provision in Leicester and Leicestershire increase and develop sustainability. Sport England and the British Basketball League Foundation have secured funding for the delivering of Project Hub.
Project Hub will see 6 new basketball sites launched in Leicester and Leicestershire for males and females aged 14+. The sessions will offer regular participation for young people and adults to engage with throughout continuing their sporting habit in to their adult life. The sessions are open to both males and females across the 6 sites.
The sessions will offer participants high quality coaching that will develop and improve skills and knowledge of the game. Each participant will be come a member of each Hub Club site and work towards competing in the local Central Venue League starting with outdoor sessions throughout the summer.
Park Sessions – Running throughout the Summer
Leicester College Hub
1. Victoria Park Courts, Granville Road, LE1 7RU – Sunday 2pm
2. Mandella Park, Welford Road, LE2 7AJ – Monday 6.30pm
Countersthrope College Hub
1. Oakfield Park, off Hospital Road, Blaby, LE8 4HR – Friday 6pm
2. Aylestone Court, Knighton Road East, LE2 7NJ – Monday 6pm
3. Blaby Court, Blaby Road, South Winston, LE18 4PH – Thursday 6.30pm
Charnwood College Hub
1. Loughborough University Ball Park, Loughborough, LE11 3TU – Tuesday 6pm
2. Birstall Park, Curzon Ave Birstall, LE4 4AE – Tuesday 7pm
1. Overton Road Ball Court, LE5 0JB – Friday 6pm
Rushey Mead Hub
1. Stocking Farm, Marwood Road, LE4 2ED
Hub Club Locations
Charnwood College (Thorpe Hill, Loughborough LE11 4SQ)
Tuesday 5:30-7pm Girls U16s £3
Thursday 6-7:30pm Boys U16s £3
Thursday 7:30-9:30pm Mens 17* £3
Judgemeadow Riders (Marydene Drive, Leicester LE5 6HP)
Monday 5:30-6:30pm Girls U16s £2
Thursday 8:30-9:30pm Mens 17+ £2
Leicester College Riders (Freemens Common, Aylestone Road LE2 7LW)
Tuesday 5:30-7pm Boys U16s £3
Tuesday 7-8:30pm Mens 17+ £3
Thursday 5:30-7pm Girls U16 £3
For more information on the Hub Club sites or Summer Park Sessions please contact Mandy Payne on 0116 255 8635 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.